- What is your role at Confex and how long have you worked here?
I started at Confex in May of 2022 as Projects Development Manager. My main role is to assist in Confex initiatives such as Data, and CORE, Whilst also looking after Northern-based members in a business development capacity.
- What did you do before joining Confex?
Prior to starting at Confex, I was Head of Business Development for another buying group.
- What do you do when you’re not at Confex?
My biggest joy is spending time in the countryside with my rescue dog, Caesar. I also regularly participate in 10k runs (yes, for fun!).
- If you were able to retire tomorrow, how would you spend your time?
I would most definitely be torn between travelling the world and opening a staffy sanctuary at my home!
- Who inspires you?
If we are talking about famous people, then it must be Alex Polizzi or Deborah Meaden. I have been incredibly lucky on my wholesale journey so far to have had the pleasure of meeting and working with lots of individuals who have been an inspiration to me, and probably have no idea what an impact they have had.
- What type of business would you go into, if it wasn’t wholesale?
I canít imagine not working in wholesaleÖ I love the diversity, the pace, and the people! If it came to it, however, something animal related.
- What is the most interesting place you have visited and why?
Well, I grew up in Hull. I am not sure it gets more interesting than that! My favourite place to visit is Italy. I am not sure itís the most interesting, but itís definitely somewhere that feeds the soul.
- What do you like about working at Confex?
Confex is a great place to work. The HO team are incredibly supportive (and fun) and the members and suppliers are just easy to collaborate with. I have particularly enjoyed learning more about the foodservice side of the business.