- What is your role at Confex and how long have you worked here?
Inaugural Confex Chairman, appointed in January 2019.
- What did you do before joining Confex?
Worked in the food and drink industry since 17 years old, spent 38 years in Wholesale, of which 33 with Landmark Wholesale and 15 years as their Managing Director.
- What do you do when you’re not at Confex?
I run my own Consultancy Company so work with other companies as well.
Not much time for anything else but I do follow Super Luton Town around the country watching both home and away games
- If you were able to retire tomorrow, how would you spend your time?
This is something I always worry about…..I have no idea!
- Who inspires you?
No one in particular, apart from Mick Harford, a Luton Town legend, but I have had some great bosses over the years that I have learned plenty from.
- What type of business would you go into, if it wasn’t wholesale?
Its been my life so I’ve no idea!
- What is the most interesting place you have visited and why?
I have been very lucky with travel around the World in previous roles so hard to pick out a favourite place of interest, but a holiday to India a few years ago would always be very high up my list, closely followed by Sri Lanka.
The Trophy Room at Luton Town is also worth a visit and a mention and brings back many happy memories.
I celebrated my 60th birthday in the Trophy Room, courtesy of family and friends, watching a fabulous Luton win…
- What do you like about working at Confex?
I have known the family for a long time and always got on well with them. Since I started the Chairman role, I have got to know the staff and the Members as well. It is a great business, and they have some fantastic Wholesalers in their membership.