- What is your role at Confex and how long have you worked here?
I started working for Confex in 2011 as an Administrator. I’ve had a few different roles which has given me a good base to work from. I was appointed as Finance Manager at the beginning of 2021.
- What did you do before joining Confex?
I worked at Hook Norton Brewery as PA to the MD. I’m the most knowledgeable non-Beer Drinker you’ll meet!
- What do you do when you’re not at Confex?
We’ve recently moved into a lovely, thatched cottage in Devon. So, all my time is spent in the garden and dreaming about what we’re going to do with the house.
- If you were able to retire tomorrow, how would you spend your time?
I’d have more time to dream about what I’m going to do with the house. Plus we have lots of projects that need starting.
- Who inspires you?
I can’t think of a person that inspires me, but nature is really inspiring. Going for a long walk on a frosty morning or waking up on a lovely sunny day and looking out the window and a rose has bloomed. Perfect.
- What type of business would you go into, if it wasn’t wholesale?
I’d like to be a gardener for the National Trust working in the kitchen garden.
- What is the most interesting place you have visited and why?
The Mary Rose Museum in Portsmouth. It’s not just the challenges of excavating and preserving it. But the exhibition is brilliant, it lets you into the lives of people on board and takes you into their world.
- What do you like about working at Confex?
I’m always learning, we’re always evolving but most of all we work as a team.