- What is your role at Confex and how long have you worked here?
I am an Administrator and process new Members and Suppliers, send out Supplier invoices, general and bespoke mail outs, I look after Central Payment for Nestle sending invoices and statements out to Members. I have been with Confex for 11½ years.
- What did you do before joining Confex?
Temping at a recruitment agency collating information from candidates which included checking IDs and references. Before that I worked as a Legal Secretary in a Commercial Law Firm and an Office Manager at a bespoke swimming pool builder for commercial and domestic pools nationwide.
- What do you do when you’re not at Confex?
Gardening, reading Horror and Crime fiction, bird watching, walking along the Malvern Hills, visiting family and friends.
- If you were able to retire tomorrow, how would you spend your time?
Travelling the world seeking out new places that I have yet to visit.
- Who inspires you?
The Hairy Bikers their recipes are tasty, they get to go travelling and making the local dishes. I like trying out their recipes especially their Lamb Kofta Curry it makes cooking fun!
- What type of business would you go into, if it wasn’t wholesale?
Working with wildlife.
- What is the most interesting place you have visited and why?
Lake of Menteith the only lake in Scotland I visited some years ago for Hogmanay, minus 10C and 2 foot of snow staying in a log cabin on the Lake, beautiful scenery and great for seeing winter wildlife.
- What do you like about working at Confex?
Working from home and still being part of the Team.